Monday, June 15, 2009

God is good, all the time. :)

As I sit to write this I am taking my first personal break besides sleep in about 50 hours :) This job is no joke, we serve from 6am to...whenever we're done, every day. Haha, I know it has only technically been a day and a half of my first camp, but it feels like I should have just finished Wednesday, not Monday.

God has been revealing to my partner and I both that He is going to challenge us enough so that we know we can not do it alone, and yet He will give us enough help so that we are never doubting that He is there. We walked into this camp with confidence and energy, and we have both been pushed to our limits time and time again, and the summer has only just begun :)

We were both feeling extremely discouraged around 2 in the afternoon, when we heard that Loveland, CO had a Tornado Watch. After the adrenaline boost that gave us, we quickly organized a team of staff to make sure all crews headed back to our facility and were in a safe place. At about 3pm it was escalated to a Tornado Warning and we had to relocate to the church basement, where we worked on keeping people calm and again contacting crews that were still on the road. Once that ended, and the adrenaline wore off, we were again feeling slightly frantic and defeated. However, God was there once again to show us His power. The evening program went smoothly, but in my opinion did not seem to have much of a spiritual impact. I was frustrated with my "performance" and felt as if I had failed to get across what needed to get across this evening. Well, I learned that I am NOT performing or orchestrating the spiritual impact of these programs. I am simply the instrument. A willing instrument in the hands of a skilled master will always succeed. Tonight, I have become a willing instrument. I have THE skilled master, and He continues to bless me with encouragement from stories of campers responding to the words which God has provided for me and encouraging words from adult leaders as well...

My partner and I need prayer for TIME. The past two nights we have gotten 3 hours of sleep and during the day while hoping for naps, it just has not been a possibility. Tonight we are heading to sleep as soon as we finish updates, so we'll get about 5 hours which is a great blessing. However, there is no way to run camps like this on that much sleep, so we need prayer for efficiency, assistance, and quick problem solving so we can head to bed earlier :)
We also need prayer for FOCUS. There are about 20 things to to at the same time, all the time, so sometimes it gets a little jumbled and we forget to prioritize and straighten things out and just try to take everything head on. Just pray that we will stick to our checklists, pray alot, and rely on God alone. :)

1 comment:

  1. Krista,
    There is not a day that goes by that you are not being upheld in prayer. May the LORD uphold you in HIS everlasting arms. May He strengthen you, and keep you. You are learning what most professing christians will never learn. So PTL.

    ReplyDelete